Welcome to Lynda!
Lynda is a leading online learning company that has thousands of tutorials aimed at teaching business, software, technology and creative skills to allow its members to achieve personal and professional goals. Lynda's robust and vast library is able to meet the varied needs of the VCU community.
Take a look at the Welcome to Lynda video to see a sampling of the tools that lynda.vcu.edu has to offer.
- Faculty can utilize Lynda's vast library of course material to supplement their online and classroom instruction.
- Staff can find resources that promote professional development, as well as tutorials that provide information on everyday workplace issues.
- Students can use Lynda for learning, career development, and so much more.
Logging into Lynda
To log in to Lynda, click the "Login" link on the top left of this page. This will re-direct you to the Central Authentication Service where you can log in with your eID and password.
If you are logging into Lynda directly through the lynda.com site, please login with your VCU email address as your username. You will then be redirected to the Central Authentication Service where you can log in with your eID and password. Who has access to Lynda at VCU?
Lynda access at VCU is only available for VCU faculty, staff, and students. Hospital affiliates, alumni, and other non-employee affiliations do not have access to the VCU instance of lynda.com.
Computing Requirements and Settings
View the minimum computing requirements and recommended settings for accessing the full site.
Good news! We are rolling out a fresh, new Lynda.com course page that we think you’ll love. It was designed to make your online learning experience easier and more productive. With over 4,200 courses on Lynda.com, the redesigned course page will help you get where you want to go faster and more efficiently.
Using the Mobile App to access Lynda
You can access Lynda on your mobile device by downloading the mobile app and signing in with your VCU credentials.
Using the Lynda Windows or OS app allows users to download and watch full Lynda courses.
View directions on how to download the lynda.com app for your device.
Logging into the Mobile App
- Search the AppStore (iPhone) or GooglePlay (Android) for Lynda.com and download the app
- Choose Already a member?
- Select the Organization tab
- Scroll down to Web Portal and type into the field provided vcu.edu (leave the username and password fields blank)
- Then Log in
- You will be redirected to CAS which requires you to log in with your VCU eID and VCU eID Password; when finished Log me in
- Open this page in "Lynda.com" and it should launch Lynda @ VCU
If you have issues signing in, please contact the VCU IT Support Center for assistance.
Lynda.com has teamed up with Blackboard
Instructors are able to easily post Lynda content within Blackboard courses:
- Find and load instructional videos from the lynda.com collection into their Blackboard course.
- Allows users to search and discover lynda.com courses through Blackboard.
- Provides easy access for students to view lynda.com content within Blackboard.
View more information on how to post lynda.com content to your Blackboard course.
Need assistance logging into Lynda?
Contact the VCU IT Support Center for assistance with troubleshooting your access issues to lynda.com at VCU.
Need help using Lynda?
Check out these video tutorials and articles created by lynda.com:
- Learning with lynda.com [video]
- Now Watch lynda.com Offline on Laptops and Desktops [article]
- Visit the extensive Lynda.com FAQ site
- For all other support requests for using Lynda, please contact Lynda.com Customer Support
Blaze your own trail with Lynda’s learning paths.
Let them show you the way to getting ahead in
your career track.
Want to become an expert?
Already an expert but want to become a master?
Improve your craft with Lynda tutorials.
Discover something different.
Begin a Lynda course in an unfamiliar subject
and uncover something brand new.